- Introduction to electrical circuits, current, resistance, insulation and conduction.
- Ohm’s law. Basic circuit’s analysis. Fuses and trip Switches. Wiring techniques.
- Testing and choosing battery to comply with standard’s requirements.
- Control panels:
- Standard, Wireless and Hybrid systems.
- General operation.
- Local and remote keypads.
- Programming techniques.
- Use of engineer event log.
- Personal attack.
- Exit/entry delay, etc.
- Detection devices:
- Magnetic reed contacts.
- Pressure mats.
- Personal attack buttons.
- Inertia shock sensors.
- Analyzing devices.
The Intruder Alarm Installation course is designed to help participants understand how to install an intruder alarm system in domestic, commercial or industrial premises. The course simulates a theoretical and practical installation of the Intruder Alarm system.
- Understand basic electrical theory including OHM’s Law and associated series and parallel circuits.
- Select battery to comply with EN50131 standards requirements.
- Wire the alarm control panel to an assortment of detection and signalling devices.
- Wire remote keypads to the alarm control panel.
- Program the essential elements of a system.
- Know different zone types and their uses.
- Program and setup Hardwired, Wireless and Hybrid systems
- Trouble shoot and test a system.
Course runs over 3 Days.